2010 wasn’t a great year for me.
It started with me being very ill and struggling with continuing with my university degree, and then led to me taking voluntary suspension from my course, going into hospital to harvest my stem cells in preparation for a stem cell transplant and ended with me living back at home with my parents. Also David Cameron became Prime Minister.
At the end of October I decided to set myself some goals of what I wanted to achieve during my year off from university, I decided I wanted to:
- Learn how to knit/embroider/sew
- Become really ace at doing The Times crossword
- Volunteer/gain more work experience
- Lose weight/improve my diet/get more active
- Moisturise daily
- Become a baking extraordinaire
- Master the art of the perfect liquid line
- Read, read, read
I figured that if I achieved all those things I could look back on the 2010/2011 academic year with pride and a sense of achievement. Here’s how I’m going with my goals:
- Learn how to knit/embroider/sew: I joined a craft group run by the lovely Iona, met some amazing people and have picked up some craftastic skillz.
- Become really ace at doing The Times crossword: I have asked my mum to be my crossword Yoda and I have improved. . . somewhat (note to self: must work harder at this particular goal)
- Volunteer/gain more work experience: I emailed out my CV and am currently doing unpaid work experience for a West Lothian charity, it’s going really well and I’m loving every moment of it
- Lose weight/improve my diet/get more active: I lost 10kg while on chemo, does that count?
- Moisturise daily: I am actually doing this!
- Become a baking extraordinaire: My Oreo cupcakes with mint icing are scrumptious and I have used my Christmas pennies to purchase this book. I’ve also booked myself in for a 2 hour cake decorating class.
- Master the art of the perfect liquid line: Practise makes perfect!
- Read, read, read: I am currently reading The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists By Robert Tressell.
Instead of New Year resolutions I am just going to continue working on my list of goals and I am going to blog about my efforts.
Hope 2011 is good for you all,